Peugeot Citroen Air Hybrid
- knock 45 per cent off fuel bills for an average motorist
- when driving in towns and cities costs could be slashed by as much as 80 %
- expensive batteries will no longer be needed
- Air power would be used solely for city use, automatically activated below 43mph
The system works by using a normal internal combustion engine, special hydraulics and an adapted gearbox along with compressed air cylinders that store and release energy. This enables it to run on petrol or air, or a combination of the two.
By 2020, the cars could be achieving an average of 117 miles a gallon, the company predicts.
- Electric Vehicles – CO2 from Electricty vs Gasoline
- Chevy Volt 230 MPG
- New Guinness World Record for Lowest Fuel Consumption
Filed under: auto